Iosif Itkin – Учебный курс: Build Software to Test Software [RU]
Speaker: Iosif Itkin
The growing complexity of the software around us requires additional educational content targeted at the next generation of software testers. The Laboratory of Software Testing of the Tomsk Polytechnic University and Exactpro are trying to address the need with a new course that will eventually become a part of a special track. The course focuses on automation in testing complex distributed platforms and, especially, on applying High Volume Automated Testing (HiVAT).
The key topics of the course:
– Is it a good idea to reinvent the wheel and create your own test tools?
– Can testability be a bad thing?
– Does one need test tool diversity?
– What is the appropriate level of the testing tools autonomy?
– Do we need to test the test tools?
The course will rely on an open source the platform for practice.
This presentation will describe the sources of inspiration for the course, including ISTQB syllabi, context driven school position papers and the authors’ own experience.